The Cabinet Office has recently released its latest quarterly statistics on information requests that 41 central government bodies have received under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (EIR). The report makes interesting reading covering as it does the:
- Initial handling of FOI requests.
- Number of requests that have been received during the quarter from April to June 2016.
- Timeliness of issuing a substantive response.
- Rates of disclosure of requested information.
- Exemptions that are applied when withholding information.